1. There are several reasons for the marked increase in China's crime rate—the dramatic influx of itinerant workers in urban areas ; declining social values ; and widening disparities between the haves and have-nots .
2. Why are an increasing number of elderly Chinese parents living apart from their children? One reason is the increasing upward mobility of the younger generation. Another is expanding social opportunities for the elderly. Perhaps the main reason， however， centers on dramatic changes in traditional concepts.
3. What has sparked the increasing interest in exercise? For one thing， people have gained a greater awareness of the need for physical fitness. For another， the constantly improving standard of living enables Chinese people to patronize the increasing number of recreational venues. The main thing perhaps centers on the healthcare and psychological benefits exercise provides.
4. The rapid emergence of homes for senior citizens represents a sharp divergence from the traditional Chinese practice of maintaining the nuclear family at all costs.
5. Participating in interactive experiences beneficial to all is something that no one should miss . The valuable lessons learned therefore should not be arbitrarily dismissed ， but should instead be treasured .
6.The plain truth is that people are most often self-centered.
7.There's little wonder why young people often find it difficult to find an appropriate role model. No wonder they drink, smoke, fright, carouse and otherwise engage in inappropriate social behavior.
8.It should come as no surprise to learn that many abused children become abusers later in life.
9.There is probably a great deal of truth in the assertion that unecrupulous brokers are salivating at the thought of unsophisticated investors entering the securities market.
10.There's little doubt that China has spawned a new generation of Little Emperors, but the truth is that the fault rests with parents who spare the rod to spoil the child and not with children themselves.
11.Large and small enterprises differ in that the former usually involves conglomerates and the latter private individuals.
12.Both automobiles and bicycles offer a convenient means of public conveyance, with one of the marked differences between the two centered on pollution caused by the former.
13.Alcohol and tobacco are both highly addictive substances. However, unlike tobacco, which is known to cause cancer, studies indicate that alcohol does offer some health benefits when consumed in moderation.
14.One man's treasure is another man's junk.
15.AIDS is no longer one of the Top 10 American killers, but the same cannot be said for many countries.