1. For these children ________to their full adult potential, their education must be adapted to those differences.
A. to develop B. to be developed C. developingD. will develop
2. Space exploration promises to open up many new territories for human settlement, as well as _________the harvest of mineral resources.
A. leads to B. to lead to C. leading to D. lead to
3. Someday, solar power collected by satellites ________ the earth or fission power (裂变能)manufactured by mankind may give us all the energy we need for an expanding civilization.
A. circled B. to circle C. circling D.circles
4. In this experiment, they are wakened several times during the night, and asked to report what they ________ .
A.had just been dreaming B. are just dreaming
C.have just been dreaming D. had just dreamt
5. Her terror was so great ________ somewhere to escape, she would have run for her life.
A. only if B. that there had only been
C. that had there only been D. if there were only
1. AFor these children to develop to their full adult potential在句中做目的状语，these children 是to develop 的逻辑主语，这种主谓关系在目的状语中一般是不能用分词表示的。B中不定式被动式与句意相悖;for不是连词，故不能选D，否则语句不通。
2. Cas well as 在语法功能上相当于介词，所以在句中要接动名词leading to。
3. C句子的主语为solar power or fission power，谓语是may give, collected by satellite circling the earth是后置定语修饰solar power，其中circling the earth 又是现在分词短语修饰satellite，“环绕地球的卫星”，相当于the satellite which circles the earth。其他选择项均不符合句子语法结构要求。
4. C句中已给出频次状语several times，说明要用完成时态，同时句子的时态定位是现在时they are wakened，显然不能用过去完成时，所以选C。
5. C这是一个so…that结构表示结果状语的句型， A、D 可以排除。在that从句中又有条件从句，而且应该是虚拟语气结构，B中没有表示条件的连词，是错误的。C虽然也没有连词if，但采用了倒装结构，可以将if省略，又是had done，表示与过去事实相反的假设，时态、结构完全正确，因此是惟一正确的选择。