1. By the first decade of the 21st century, international commercial traffic vastly beyond today’s levels.
A.will be expected to extend B. will have been expected to extend
C.is expected to be extended D. is expected to have extended
2. We advocate the economic, cultural and religious traditions of all national minorities.
A. to respect B. to be respected
C. respecting D. having respected
3. There are two horses at the ends of a rope with all their might in opposite directions.
A. pulling B. pull C. pulled D. to pull
4. Today the Tennessee Valley is one of the richest areas in the world. But if things as they were it would now be a desert.
A. had left B. were left C. had been left D. had been leaving
5.After twenty years abroad, William came back only how his hometown was damaged in an earthquake.
A. to find out B. finding out
C. to have found outD. to be finding out
1. D句子讲的是 “人们期待到21世纪前10年时,国际性商业航空交通远远超过当今水平”, 人们现在就期待, 而不是将来期待, 所以A、B是错误的; 另外, 表示到将来某一时刻为止已经完成的动作或出现的状态, 应用将来完成时, 按句意, 是指extend这一动作的完成, 所以应该在不定式上体现出来。根据上述分析, 选D符合句意要求。
2. C动词advocate后接动名词而不接不定式做宾语。D虽然是动名词, 但用其完成式在语义上讲不通。
3. Apulling是现在分词在句中做horses的定语, 相当于which pull。
4. Chad been left表示与过去事实相反的假设 “如果情况还像以前那样”。
5. A不定式to find out做结果状语,有意想不到的含义。不定式表示结果时, 用其一般式即可。