1. The studies show that the driver who has consumed an amount of alcohol within the limit is likely to have an automobile accident than the driver who does not take any alcohol.
A. not so B. not much C. no less D. no more
2. If someone is dying of cancer and begging to be put out of his or her misery, and someone gives that person a deadly dose of morphine, that seems merciful criminal.
A. nevertheless B. otherwise
C. or else D. rather than
3. When we arrived, he found the aged and the sick at home.
A. none but B. none other than
C. nothing but D. no other than
4. I hope all the precautions against air pollution, are suggested by the local government, will be seriously considered here.
A. as B. while C. after D. since
5. Most of is on American television are programs designed to appeal to people who go into the supermarkets and buy the products that are advertised on TV.
A. which B. that C. whatever D. what
6. To understand the situation completely requires more thought than thus far.
A.has given B. was given C.being given D. has been given
7. Of great significance the nation-wide movement is the Kampuchean people in their heroic struggle against the aggression of the Vietnamese.
A. to support B. for supporting
C. supportingD. of supporting
8. Many farmers came to the city, jobs and for all the other legendary opportunities of life in the city.
A. looking for B. to look for
C. having looked forD. looked for
9. It is requested that an applicant whose undergraduate work is done at another institution two copies of undergraduate transcripts and degrees directly to the dean of the graduate school.
A. must send B. send C. are to send D. need send
10. You her in her office last Friday; she’s been out of town for two weeks.
A. needn’t have seenB. might have seen
C. must have seen D. can’t have seen
1. Dno more…than…“不比……更……”。此句意为：“研究表明，喝了酒但不过量的司机可能出车祸，不喝酒的司机也同样可能出车祸。”
2. Drather than起并列作用，使merciful与criminal形成平行结构，表示对比。
3. Anone but相当于no one but“只有”，通常接表示人的词;nothing but接表示物的词;none other than和no other than两者的意思都是“(不是别的)……正是……”，与本题全句意思不符。
6. D时间状语thus far“到目前为止”，与现在完成时连用，据此排除B、C。比较从句完整的结构应该是…than the thought which has been given thus far，可以把than 看做关系代词在从句中做主语，也可以把主语看做是省略了。
7. A题句由于主语较长，采用了倒装结构，可还原为：the nation-wide movement to support the Kampuchean people in their heroic struggle against the aggression of the Vietnamese is of great significance。movement要求不定式做定语，其他选项均不符合语法规则。
8. Alooking for…分词短语做came的伴随状语，如果选to look for做目的状语的话，不该有逗号。
10. Dcan t have done 表示对已发生的情况作否定推测“一定不是/没……”，根据句意只能选D。2015考研阅读：真题解析之经济类文章(2)【视频】