1) Too much discussion will only lead to confusion.
2) Too much work and too little rest may lead to loss of health
3) If you try to learn too many things at a time, you may get confused.
4) He had experienced fear and conquered it . In doing so, he had undoubtedly learnt something about himself.
5) Efforts to bring together people of different races and cultures have not met with (获得) complete success.
6) we have made numerous attempts to solve the problem, but so far our efforts have been unsuccessful.
7) state financial support given in the form of scholarships has stimulated.
8) By consistent hard work we have achieved the major economic objectives (目标) of the ninth five-year plan.
9) New machines were introduced into the factory. As a result, not only were time and energy saved but production was greatly increased.
10) The pressures of modern urban life have led to increased occurrences(发生)of alcoholism(酗酒)and drug abuse(吸毒), mental illness, suicide(自杀), and divorce in Western societies.
11) We note with satisfaction that all these activities have helped to promote mutual understanding and friendship between our two countries.
12) The damage done to manmade structures and to human beings by weather would be gone.
13) The population is leveling off (处于平衡状态) in the area as a result of family planning.
14) For large numbers of people, the absence of work is harmful to their health.