1. Relaxation, _______ fresh air, pure water and clean food, is essential to a sound mind and healthy body.
A. much less than B. no less than
C. no more than D. any less than
2. It is far better to do well a bit of work which is well _______ a large fortune.
A. worthy to be done than have B. worth doing than to have
C. worthwhile to do than have D. worthy of doing than have
3. Understanding the cultural habit of another nation, especially_______ containing as many different subcultures as the United States, is a complex task.
A.oneB. the one C. that D. such
4. Whether or not the next plan will yield any positive results _______ to be seen.
A.remain B. remains C.is remained D. have remained
5. If ever again_______ happens an accident like this, we will have only ourselves to blame.
A. it B. so C. there D. that
1. Bno less than “与……同样(重要)”。全句意为: “放松休息, 就像新鲜空气、纯净水、清洁的食品一样, 是健康的身心所不可缺少的。”
2. Bto have a large fortune与to do well a bit of work…是并列不定式。另外，worth, worthy, worthwhile在用法上的区别是:(1)worth是介词, 后接动名词或名词，形成介词短语。接动名词时, 与主语是动宾关系，其形式是主动的，意义是被动的。如: The book is worth reading. (2)worthy是形容词, 置于be动词后或名词后面, 做后位修饰语, 其结构是: be worthy of doing sth., sth. is worthy to be done。(3)worthwhile是形容词，要与形式主语it并用：It is worthwhile to read the book.worth和worthy都不能用于这种结构。
3. Aone 指代前面提到的具有泛指含义的可数名词单数, 在该句中指代another nation, 句中属于泛指，可见B是错误的。such指代前面讲过的整个情况，多用作主语。that 指物时常用来指代不可数名词, 指代可数名词时具有特指含义。
4. Bwhether 引导名词性从句做主语, 谓语动词应为单数。另外，remain一般不用被动式, 所以B为正确选项。
5. C这是there be句型的异化形式，即there be 句型中还可以用be以外的不及物动词，如live, stand, exist, come, remain等。
6. The students were much encouraged _______ a chance to talk with the Americans in English.
A. to get B. gotten C. to have got D. having got
7. When a person is in a happy frame of mind, he may agree on the thing that he won’t tolerate _______ when he is not in the right frame of mind.
A. doing B. to do C. done D. to be done
8. Recently many schools have faced what could be called the crisis of comprehension or, in simple terms, the phenomenon of students with phonic and grammar skills still _______ unable to understand what they read.
A. areB. to be C. being D. have been
9. I_______ the train but I overslept that morning.
A. could catch B. might catch
C. must have caught D. could have caught
10. It is very kind of you to do the washing-up, but you _______ it.
A. mustn’t have done B. wouldn’t have done
C. mightn’t have done D. didn’t have to do
6. C句中不定式表示原因: “学生有机会用英语与美国人交谈，很受鼓舞。” 所以应用不定式完成式。如果句子用的是一般现在时are, 那么选A是对的。
7. Atolerate要求动名词做宾语, 只能选A。
8. C动名词being 做students 的逻辑谓语, 相当于…students… being unable to understand what they read。整个动名词短语做of的宾语，所以只能选C。
9. D这是一个含蓄虚拟条件句，前半部分假设，后半部分真实，因此应选could have caught，意为“我本来能赶上火车的，可是那天早上我睡过头了”。区别这类含蓄虚拟条件句的关键词是but。
10. Ddidn t have to do it“不用非得洗(碗)”，符合句意。2015考研阅读：真题解析之经济类文章(2)【视频】