1. If you have been generous to a person for a period of time, it is most likely that the person will take advantage of your generosity and trade on your “weakness” become appreciative of your kindness.
A. but not B.let alone C. rather than D. instead of
2. A poet must not write for the ages past, but for in which he lives and those which are to follow.
A. one B. those C. the one D. that
3. There is a delicate balance of nature many square miles of ocean and vegetation and clean air are needed to maintain only a relatively few human beings.
A. where B. in which C. when D. how
4. There are cases new factories are being put up and beautiful old trees are going to be cut down for a new factory.
A. which B. where C. that D. when
5. Somebody in the next room must be ill, a doctor has just come out.
A. because B. for C. in that D. as
6. He would always ignore the fact of such a contradiction in his inner thought.
A. there to be B. there being C. it being D. there having been
7. A convenient way is to set the food on a piece of aluminum oil, to the air for half an hour, and then cover it with a dish.
A. let it stay open B. let it stayed open
C. letting it stay open D. letting it stay opened
8. They us willingly but that they happened to be short of hands, too.
A. would help B. would have helped
C. were going to help D. must have helped
9. Research findings show that we spend about two hours dreaming every night,no matter what we during the day.
A. should have done B. would have done
C. may have done D. must have done
10. If you are to catch a train, it is always better to be comfortably early than even a fraction of a minute late.
A. too B. very C. much D. rather
1. Crather than 表示对比，在意思上前后形成对照：take advantage of your generosity…rather than become appreciative of your kindness意为“利用你的慷慨，而不是理解你的好意”。另外，rather than在结构上起并列作用，使take advantage与become appreciative平行。
2. Cthe one替代the age，还原为：…but must write for the age in which he lives and the ages which are to follow。
3. Bin which在定语从句中做状语，相当于in the balance of nature (many square miles of…)。
6. Bthere being 做介词of 的宾语，如果是介词for，则用there to be。
8. B此句是含蓄虚拟语气句，暗含的假设条件为：if they hadn’t happened to be short of hands。故应选B。
9. Cmay have done“(不管我们白天)可能做了些什么”，符合句意。should have done“本该做(但实际未做)”;would have done表示与过去相反的假设;must have done是对已发生的情况作肯定推测。
10. A句中too late相当于too late to catch the train，所以选其他词不合适。2015考研阅读：真题解析之经济类文章(2)【视频】